Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter has a special significance for me as a christian. It humbles me to visualize that Jesus died for our sins. I know that I am saved. I know that Jesus cares for the birds flying past my window and he cares for me. I have no idea how people manage without faith that God loves us and wants us to live a particular way. Easter is not so much about the cruel death of Jesus to me, but the fact that he came back to speak with people of that time, to direct us to live by his example for all times. If the world could obey the ten commandments as best as they can, and also know that they are forgiven when they break one of the commandments, we would live more peacefully together. Love your neighbour...do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Fabulous.

It is still warm in Queensland at Easter so most families like to go camping. I don't. There's too much traffic. The warmth of the evening is better spent at home reading - or, better still, by writing. I will make hot cross buns on Sunday morning and attend church to sing 'He arose a victor from the dark domain, and he lives forever with his saints to reign.'

No comments:

Post a Comment