Friday, July 3, 2009

Cup cakes with Leah


A cool breeze defied the blue skies yesterday at Burpengary, Qld. My daughter, Leah, snapped small carrots and extended her flattened hand to Charlie-bean's nearly 18 hands height. The giant horse happily nuzzled into her handful of morning tea offering. Leah and I then sipped coffee and cup cakes (with colourful 100s and 1000s on top). She had bought some beautiful Tulips for the dining table and carefully wrapped several gifts in flowery paper - for me. A shirt for Molly dog (I love my mum printed with red hearts), a movie pass and a little poem on a mirrored frame.


Mum, you've been my strength

The rock on which I stand

And I've gained so much wisdom

Guided by your gentle hand.


The kindness you have shown

In every word and deed

Has been a blessing in my life

In so many times of need.

What she doesn't know is that just being with her is enough. She lights up a room just being in it. To have her love is her most precious gift to me and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment