Saturday, September 12, 2009

On golden sands

Sea water oozed between my toes today. White foamy waves reached into the blue sky throwing a haze along the sandy foreshore at Broadbeach. Gulls dived and squarked (is that a word?) and hovered above the endless neat lines of waves. Board riders sat dejected but hopeful in the peace of the ocean, and little children ran along in front of me splashing clear spray in their wake. I fell on the warm sand and hugged my legs. The salty wind blew gently and rythmically in my face, blowing my hair back and cooling my face. It was quite warm. People were swimming, life-savers were digging the flags into the white sandy beach ready for an onslaught of swimmers.
For two days I have watched this moving wallpaper from the tenth floor opposite, fascinated with the continuous motion and uninterrupted beauty that is the eastern coastline of Australia.


No comments:

Post a Comment